WINDERS & UNWINDERS
smartyautomation controllers use the
drive.webdistributed control technology to bring easy, cost-effective intelligence to high performance drive systems.
smarty appsare pre-configured generic packages for common applications:
smartyOPTION-1101, Open Loop Constant Tension Center Winder
smartyOPTION-1102, Closed Loop Dancer Controlled Center Winder
smartyOPTION-1103, Closed Loop Load Cell Controlled Center Winder
smartyOPTION-1104, Closed Loop Slip Core Winder
These generic configurations can be edited by the intuitive
graphical tools to suit the particular application. The clear signal flow diagrams are stored in the controllers for reliable access in the field.
- Fully editable configurations and drawings
- Drive Interface either serial port or analog
- Process control & winder function block libraries
- Web break sensing
- Diameter calculation, memory, preset and hold
- Linear or hyperbolic taper tension
- Friction, inertia & torque compensation
- Multiple core presets
- Integral reset
- Adaptive control for high speed systems
- Standstill tension mode
- Jog/run/slack take up modes
- Turret indexing mode
- Anti-reverse clamps
- Core speed matching
smart touch screen control
- Over/under winding
- Line drive coordination
- Manual or auto-splicing modes
- Turret indexing
- Air pressure control
- Length & mass calculation
- Edge guide control
- Encoder inputs
- ModbusTCP/IP over Ethernet
- Serial communications
- …and more!
High Speed Printing Press Infeed Turret Unwinder
OPTION-1106 PROCESS LINE COORDINATIONStandard function blocks used in combinations of
speedy'scan be easily configured to provide line drive coordination in systems of any size or complexity.
- Functions such as linear, S and hyperbolic ramps are used to provide master references.
- Programmable logic and switch functions are used to provide line run, line jog, local jog, interlocks, etc.
- PIDs, profilers, registration, indexing, phase lock and arithmetic blocks provide precise section control.
The Registration & Electronic Line Shaft package is designed for applications such as print registration, synchronized component
handling, position control, cut-to-length, etc., where precision drive coordination and spindle orientation are required.
& ELECTRONIC LINE SHAFT
Standard graphical function blocks for registration and speed locking
make these complex processes quick and easy to configure and use.
The encoder retransmit option provides buffered encoder signals for
secure use in multiple locations.
OPTION-1117 INDEXING & CYCLIC POSITIONINGThe optional Encoder Function Block Library available in smarty includes a set of engineered function blocks for use in precision positioning applications such as packaging machines, machine center tool loaders, inventory carousels, stackers, etc.
- Auto origin checking
- Auto index calculation
- Auto calculation of shortest move from point to point
- 64-bit encoder counts
Machine Center, Transfer Line
OPTION-1118 SUN POSITION CALCULATORThe Solar Function Block Library provides precise calculation of the sun zenith and azimuth angles in solar energy systems. It can be synchronized with the SNTP server time and date and include a ∂T input parameter to compensate for the difference between UTC and Terrestrial Time for precise positioning of solar concentrators.
- Set up for any latitude, longitude and altitude
- Fast calculation for use in mobile systems
- SNTP synchronization support
- Terrestrial Time correction input
Address: 40 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666
Phone: (410) 604-3400
Toll Free: 1-888-667-7333